Thursday, February 21, 2008

my workplace





The lovely graphic designer and illustrator, Christine Clemmensen, has tagged me to post some photos of my workplace. My 1st reaction was, "No way, it's a mess!", but then I thought, "It's supposed to be a mess". If it wasn't, nothing creative would be happening there! (I did do a quick clean up before I snapped the pics! I am a Virgo, after all.)
These photos are of my basement studio space, where I do my mixed media paintings. I get to share this space with the weedeater, old furniture, left over yard sale items, etc., but I mange to hide most of that stuff under tables and behind panels, so it feels more like an art studio. A lot of my illustration work is done on the computer, which is just off of this room in another part of the basement. Nothing too exciting there, just a computer on a desk, not really worthy of a photo. So, that's it...nothing fancy, but I'm happy to have it and have spent many hours in there, listening to music or NPR and getting creative. It works for me.
I'm tagging ryan, angela, kelly, harriet and the friday frog. If you guys want to play, show us pics of your workplace and tag some others to do the same!

10 comments:

RyanLoghry said...

Cool idea, I'll play along. A free exchange of ideas and information, that's what this interweb thing is all about right?

I like that desk. Is that cork board that you have your postcards and stuff stuck to? That's a good idea. I just have my stuff stuck to the wall.

Flora Chang said...

I got tagged too... So nice to see your space! Look very spacious!!! Is your basement wamr? I hope someday I will turn my basement into a a studio too. Right now my space is just too cold during winters...

Hey Harriet said...

Thanks for the invite to play. I've really wanting to change my "studio" around for a while now because it annoys me the way it is. Ugh! So, maybe this will inspire me to actually make the changes & make it a more comfy environment to create in! Thanks! & then I can think about sharing photos of it. The thought of sharing pics of it's current state horrifies me ;)

I really like the look of your space...looks nice & organised with lots of room. I'm jealous!

Esti said...

Your studio looks full of ideas. Every drawer, wall, surface... I long for a proper studio like yours. But then If I had it'd be the end of this black and white era I'm experimenting.

Unknown said...

cool workplace...so neat to see where wonderful illustrators and artists work...

Cheers,
Diana

froggie is... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
froggie is... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
froggie is... said...

ooookkkaay. i'm game. here's um, me, at work, or really, exactly how i left it since last friday when the entire family got "the grip" flu thingy that went spiraling around the country. iccckkk...i DID however, throw away all the little crumpled tissues and ricola wrappers as that's just not very nice to look at. my son and i share it this huge table...his legos, puzzles, and my work, which is really cool as i love having him near me, when i work. :))

yep. i'm one of those "messy" people, but ONLY in my own space. i'm a psycho vacuumer...i love the "vacuum lines" on my carpets. makes me feel like i'm on top of it all. the rest, HA! ty, nina! this was fun! :))

ps - your space makes me want to hide in shame like a fat bear eating a hershey bar. i can see my REFLECTION on your table space! SPOTLESS! even your "sketch brush" sparkles! YOU COULD DIAPER A BABY ON THAT TABLE! ")

click here for the shame...

http:www.greenfrographics.com/CHAOSABOUNDS

RyanLoghry said...

Okay, here's a link to my workspace pix:
http://ryanloghry.blogspot.com/2008/02/february-25-2008-my-workspace.html

Tim Budden said...

I'm shocked by the tidiness of your studio space! Check out Francis Bacon's studio (now in an Irish museum) and see what a real studio should look like.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hughlane.ie/exhibitions/exhib_images/current_perry.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hughlane.ie/exhibitions/exhibp.asp&h=281&w=355&sz=14&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=wTsQ0ZJNwoqALM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfrancis%2Bbacon%2527s%2Bstudio%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN