Friday, May 29, 2009

IF - adapt


For Illustration Friday this week - I've had to adapt to eating only on the left side of my mouth for the last few days. Everyone's heard about root canals, right? And many of you have had one, I suppose. But, did you know that the thingy that they put in the root during a root canal can break and eventually become infected and you then have to go in and have the whole root taken out? Yuck. Ugh. Gross. Yep, that's what I did for fun on Wed.
Loosey-goosey, painterly style.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally relate to that! I remember only eating porridge or soup for a couple of months. (Great for losing weight!).

Great illustration!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, no fun! I hope you are treating yourself to something yummy on the left side of your mouth. Nice painting, I love her posture and the cat's eyes.
I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

owwwww I still find myself chewing on one side!

Jill Grace said...

UG - that is no fun, but at least you made a fun illustration :) Hope your mouth is back to normal soon!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Oh now that is so very clever and cute. great work!

thefridayfrog said...

ooo!!! yeoooch!!! you poor thing, nina! slurp nice things this week, til it gets better. :))

Dawn said...

All I can say is "Owwwwie"! Hope you are feeling better!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh noooooooo! And to top it all off, I think you're cat's eyeing your nom noms. I'm so sorry about the pain. I hope it's better now. But hey -- you got a great illustration out of it. :)

Nina Crittenden said...

What broke off in the root: a broach or a file? Ouch! That stinks!