Sunday, April 29, 2007

wacky wedding


I came across this fun challenge to illustrate an unconventional or 'wacky wedding', over at scbwi (society of children's book writers and illustrators). I've never illustrated a children's book, but I'd like to and this was such a great topic, I'd thought I'd give it a try. I drew all the images, then scanned them and a bunch of decorative papers into Photoshop. The painting was all done digitally. I could have messed around with this for hours longer, but I finally had to say...OK, I'm done! Knowing when you are done with a piece of art is probably one of the hardest things for an artist, particularly when you are first starting out. I usually just know when a piece is done...but with digital, it's so easy to change and add elements. It's 'wacky'!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your illustration!!!

Janice Ykema said...

very whimsical... I like it

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

I know what you mean about digital work- you can change and change and it can go on forever! This looks great and its nice for you to share the process.

Thanks for the headsup about the contest, its such a fun topic this month!