Sunday, April 15, 2007

Illustration Friday - theme word - fortune


Here's my entry for this week's illustration Friday with the theme of the week of Fortune. This is a traditional piece using paint, paper, text, a fine point marker and even a little bit of brown shoe polish! I love to paint and draw chickens! I don't really know why - I don't have a particular fondness for chickens or even eggs. I've never lived on a farm and I don't have a house full of cutesy collectibles with chickens on them! Maybe it's the story of the little red hen that I like so much. "I'll do it myself said the little red hen!" A true independent chick and I admire her very much. She got things done!

9 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Really terrific colors! And a great composition too! Thanks for sharing it!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

ahh! A golden egg...how brilliant! Well, I too love drawing chickens and I am the one who have tons of cutsy things with chickens on them. This is a great piece! I love how you even used a bit of shoe polish. How clever!

D.J. said...

Great design! I like how the red stands out against the background. Nice work.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Such a bright, cheery illustration! Love it!

Susan Mitchell said...

Beautiful colours and I love the contrast in textures :)

HOLLi CONGER said...

Very nice! I love the texture!

leah said...

Really great attention to detail. I'm loving how the spots on the hen are subtly fading out - and the mixed media approach seems to really suit this piece. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love to draw chickens too. There's just something charming about them! I love the newsprint you used for the barn

imwithsully said...

Oh wow! How did I miss this one last week? This is so fun!