Saturday, November 25, 2006

gettin' crafty!


It's been a while since I've had time to get crafty, but the day after Thanksgiving, I got the chance to sit down with my daughter and make these uber-fun paper dolls. We used a paper doll stamp as the basic body shape and stamped it onto a manila folder, then cut it out and put the arms and legs on with tiny brads. (thanks, Linda for letting me borrow these things!)

I checked online and there are lots of paper doll templates that you can download, if you don't have the stamp. Try ruthann zaroff or house of stirfry. Just cut them out, then draw around them on the manila folder.

We then made clothes, hair and accessories for our dolls, using bits of decorative paper and glued them on with a glue stick. It's funny how my daughter's doll, the one on the left, turned out looking sorta like her and my doll, well, looking sorta, well, older, like me. I should have made mine wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, instead of that frumpy dress! Anyway, it was so much fun and great to see my oh-so-grown-up 12 yr old acting like a kid again.

0 comments: