Tuesday, January 08, 2008

IF - 100%

Quote from Dr. Suess, Horton Hatches the Egg, 1940

My entry for Illustration Friday's theme of 100%, with a little help from Dr. Suess. The quote was so perfect for the theme, I had to use it! I've been super busy painting my living room and dining room for the past 4 days, so this was a good distraction. I always think it will be fun to paint and it is (at first), it's the prep and clean up that make it not so fun. Especially when it drags on for more than a day or two and I got a sore neck from it. Urg! But, I'm happy with the results...blue-green for the living room and berry for the dining room. So yummy! I love living with color on the walls.

11 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very nice. Terrific quote. I like your fun style.

Danielle McDonald said...

Not sure the elephant agrees with this one! Nice idea and great sense of colour.
I love your coffee cards too.

I know what you mean about painting. It took us 3 full time weeks to paint our entire new house (including undercoat!)and I ended up with "tennis elbow"! I could not even hold a coffee cup for weeks afterwards! It's worth it though isn't it!

Donna Farrell said...

love the expression on their faces.

sketched out said...

Adorable illustration. And clever use of Dr. Seuss for the theme.

I can also relate to your painting experience. My husband and i had a similar experience a few months ago. I'd like to hire someone to do all the prep and cleaning and then just come in with a big roller and have fun!

Vhrsti said...

Great blog! Love all works here, especially "think jot draw" and "horizon".

Anonymous said...

super fun! i love it...great style!

froggie is... said...

a BERRY dining room? faantastic!!! :))

very cool illio, too, nina and nod to the god of THIS house. both of my sons knew EXACTLY what you did! :))

Flora Chang said...

Oooo... you have to show photos of your newly painted spaces! I hate prep works too! : )
Love your 100%,,,, especially the elephant!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I would love to hang that on my girls' bedroom wall!

Anonymous said...

too cute! we love horton too!

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Ha, ha.. love the elephant's expression. Great!