Monday, December 17, 2007

IF - backwards


My entry for the IF challenge this week with the theme word of backwards. Two skateboard dudes with their caps on backwards. I did a looser initial drawing with this illo, where the lines are more scratchy. I thought it fit the imagery better than more clean lines, but it was a bit problematic when I went to do the coloring in Photoshop. I'll have to work out the issues I had, if I want to try this again! I'd love to hear what you think of the scratchy style. Does it work for this piece? Please, leave me a comment with your thoughts. I'd appreciate the feedback.
Background textures courtesy of mayang.com/textures. (love them!)

6 comments:

marcisenders said...

So cute!

Rui Sousa said...

GREAT WORK, REALLY NICE! KEEP ON! you have talent!
www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

froggie is... said...

HOORAY! thanks so much for your comment, nina! and, is there EVER too much to say about autism? :)))

wonderful piece - you really catch the boy in your lines. and i'll be back!

Carla Sonheim said...

Yes, I think the scratchy lines work very well!

princesstomato said...

i like the scratchy lines and textures. and i think boys look so CUTE with hats on backwards! i always tell my own little skateboarder that! :)

xoxo
teri

tusen said...

they are great. I like their faces.