Wednesday, March 21, 2007

what cats think about

I finished my tax prep (Yay!) and had a few hours to create. It was soooo much fun. I made this small piece on a 9" x 12" piece of unstretched canvas. I painted a fun background with yellow and stenciled orange polka dots over it. Then I streaked it a bit with a white wash. I added the decorative paper stripes at the bottom for a ground, then drew in the cat's body and crown with a black marker. I used a xerox copy of a photo of my cat Scout for the head of the cat. I glued that down, then added whiskers, thought bubbles and the fish and mouse. I used a little glitter glue to color in the dots above the crown. Gotta have that bling! These are 2 of Scout's favorite things - Tuna (or tuna flavored cat food) and playing with his little toy mouse. You know, the kind that are always lost because your cat keeps batting them under the furniture. Gotta go, Scout wants more tuna!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! ha! Love it!

krissie said...

meowrrrrr.

love it too.

studio lolo said...

Scout is a very handsome kitty! I love this...it's full of whimsey !
Thanks for the comments you left:)