Saturday, January 09, 2010

wink cupcakes





I had the funnest project over the holidays and they are done now and in the store, so I can share. I did these custom greeting cards for a new cupcake store here in Seattle. It's called Wink Cupcakes and they are located on upper Queen Anne Ave. It's the greatest little store, very well designed with great colors, lots of pink and brown and white. They have the most yummy cupcakes and sell ice cream and coffee, too. And, of course, cards. These cards!
I'm going to stretch this into Illustration Friday this week, too. The word of the week is confined. "Confined to just using cupcake imagery for these card designs, I managed to sneak in a bird, just for fun." I know, that's really a stretch! If I have time this week, I'll do a real one for IF, just not sure if I'll be able to fit one in. I finally got my dummy book done, of the picture book I wrote and illustrated. I'll be presenting it to a group of other illustrators and writers on Tuesday night at The Great Critique, put on by the Western Washington SCBWI. Wish me luck!

14 comments:

Kelly Medina said...

Very sweet illustrations for these cards. That sounds like lovely little cupcake shop. What fun.

Good luck with your book :)

Paige Keiser said...

What an adorable and magical world you create!

life without novacaine said...

Best wishes to you at your presentation! That is very exciting! I can't wait to see it!

life without novacaine said...

Oh, I meant to say that I love your cupcakes too! Very cute and the birdie is a great tie in!

MrBibleHead said...

So cool! Nina you sure have a knack for cute! Love the colors. Great designs! Thanks for sharing

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Hi Nina! Really cute work as always :)

Valerie Lorimer said...

These are darling illustrations! What a fun project.

Alisa said...

Very sweet, now I want a cupcake!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at your critique, Nina! I wish I could read your story all the way here in MN!

Eric Barclay said...

Really cute!

roberta baird said...

You have such a gift for color! Love these!

Nina Crittenden said...

What a great project- your art is outstanding!!!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

Drawing cupcakes are fun!!! These are great!

Shirley said...

Oh, these are simply wonderful!! Congrats, Nina...I wish I were near to visit the store and to see/buy your lovely cards. Sounds like a wonderful place! You did an awesome job on the cards...love that little sweet birdie!