Saturday, December 20, 2008

snowed in and spyed on



It's been a crazy week here in Seattle and not in the good kind of crazy fun way. We've been hit with snow and ice, closing schools early for the holiday break and making the streets barely drivable. Now the weather service is predicting another major storm to come through tonight, with 90 mile an hour winds, more snow and ice and with the possiblity of power outages! Today I got out and drove to the grocery, a usual 45 minute chore took me 2 hrs! The line at the store was HUGE, so I read all about Tom Cruise's family life and Brittany's comeback while waiting (he hee - guilty pleasures)

Ok, so that's that and what can you do about the weather, nothing...but on top of that SPYWARE got into my computer! For a couple of days, I couldn't do a thing on the internet without it freezing up or connecting itself to sites that I didn't want to go to (ex: hotbabes.com!). Things are better now after uninstalling our internet protection software and reinstalling a different kind of service that is better at finding and eliminating the spyware. We still have some issues, but for know it's working good enough.

So, now I can go back to reading the blogs I follow and checking up on Illustration Friday entries - two of my favorite things to do when I have a little free time. And, of course, I have to do this weeks IF challenge! I better get all my holiday chores done first, though - wrapping gifts is next on my list.

1 comments:

Edrian Thomidis said...

Sounds like a rough week. Glad to read your computer is working again ... ( a friend of mine had a similar issue last week).
Hope the storm doesn't hit and you are able to stay warm.
Happy holidays!!!